|Home ~ LHS Board ~ LHS in the News ~ LHS Timeline ~ Past LHS Events ~ Join the LHS ~ Historic Lubbock|
THE A. B. DAVIS HOUSE
Built in 1911 by Lubbock pioneers R. D. and Maud Benson, the house was purchased by "Mr. Lubbock" A. B. Davis in 1928 and remained as the Davis Family residence until 1986.
B. Davis was manager of the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce from 1924 to
1962 and was one of the early visionaries who helped build the
infrastructure of the city.
~ Lubbock Heritage Society newsletter, Autumn 2000, Vol. 4 Issue 1
The Latest on the A. B. Davis House
The LHS sponsored a
Happy-Hour Tour of the historic house on May 18, 2000, providing guests
with drinks and hors d'oeuvres on the front porch and the opportunity to
tour the grounds and original interior of this classic craftsman-style
The house was being renovated in 2012.
OTHER LUBBOCK HISTORIC STRUCTURE SPOTLIGHTSW. D. Benson House
A. B. Davis House
St. Paul's-on-the-Plains Church
Texas Tech Dairy Barn
Back to the Historic Lubbock page
|Lubbock Heritage Society, P. O. Box 5443, Lubbock, Texas 79408 (806) 392.4949, LubbockHeritageSociety@gmail.com|