|Home ~ LHS Board ~ LHS in the News ~ LHS Timeline ~ Past LHS Events ~ Join the LHS ~ Historic Lubbock|
THE MAST-WHITE HOUSE
The historic Mast-White House, once destined for demolition, was saved and renovated through efforts of the Lubbock Heritage Society. The building was designated Lubbock's 23rd historic landmark in February, 1982. Located at 2301 Broadway, the two story building with a total square footage of 2,850 plus a detached garage/storage building of 430 square feet, is an excellent location for office, retail or restaurant uses.
Originally located at 2219 13th Street, the Mast-White House was constructed in 1925 by A. M. Hensley for C. S. Mast, who was a member of the original faculty at Texas Technological College. It was purchased by L. O. "Pop" and Ercil "Mom" White in 1948. Active in youth work, the Whites were instrumental in founding the Baptist Student Union for Tech students. The house was acquired by the First Baptist Church in 1978 and donated to the Lubbock Heritage Society for relocation. It was moved to its current site in October, 1981.
Photographs of the renovated Mast-White House as taken by Pam Brink in July, 2013. Click on the image to see a larger version.
OTHER LUBBOCK HISTORIC STRUCTURE SPOTLIGHTSW. D. Benson House
A. B. Davis House
St. Paul's-on-the-Plains Church
Texas Tech Dairy Barn
Back to the Historic Lubbock page
|Lubbock Heritage Society, P. O. Box 5443, Lubbock, Texas 79408 (806) 392.4949, LubbockHeritageSociety@gmail.com|